WACCE PeaceNetwork is intended at creating a sustainable culture of peace anchored on the values of patriotism, tolerance, cultural diversity and a pluralistic society through a series of activities such as seminars, debating and essay writing competitions, community service and art. These activities are aimed at deepening and strengthening the values of citizenship and patriotism and educating a new generation of peace builders as key agents for sustainable peace social cohesion throughout the West Africa region. The WACCE PeaceNetwork is currently run in 5 schools in Northern Ghana.
Ms. Ruka Yaro Deliman speaking at the inauguration of WACCE PeaceNetwork.
The team of executives of the network in the various schools design activities each school term tailored along the following:
- Pluralism, Cultural Diversity and Social Inclusion
- Human Rights and Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
- Citizenship and Civic Education
- Rule of Law, Democratic Participation and Accountability
- Ethics and Accountability
- Leadership and Youth Empowerment
Dancing for Peace
Regular and popular events include forums, training workshops, debates, sports games and cultural dance.
WACCE Peace Network Forums